product & ritual
1. HOW DO I PICK THE RIGHT PRODUCT FOR MY SKIN TYPE?
We encourage you to browse through the skin concerns page to learn more about the right product and skincare rituals we suggest for you. Kindly note, our collection does not address any underlying conditions such as hormonal imbalances, lifestyle disorders or chronic skin diseases. For any questions regarding internal or medical skin conditions, we recommend that you consult your physician or a dermatologist.
2. CAN RETINOLS BE USED ALONG WITH ANY OF YOUR PRODUCTS?
Yes, you may complement your retinol use with our range of creams, oils and mists. These are safe and work in full support of your results.
3. DO ANY OF YOUR OILS LEAVE A STAIN AFTER APPLICATION?
Some of our formulations and oils have inherent natural deep colors like the Wild Seaberry Supercritical Oil, Turmeric Sand Exfoliant Face Masque, and Wild Rosehip Supercritical Oil. They need to be kept away from the fabric. Work a small amount and build up into your skin. No one has had any stained skin with any of our products to date.
4. WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST FOR PIGMENTATION?
5. WILL KESHA AFFECT MY HAIR COLOUR?
No, Kesha won’t affect your hair colour as it neither stains hair or skin. The ingredients used in the formulation of Kesha are 100% certified organic and completely safe to use. It will only help in facilitating your hair growth and improving hair texture without alternating the hair colour.
6. DOES KESHA WORK FOR PRE-MATURE GREYING AND HAIR LOSS?
Our Kesha Fortifying Hair Oil, known for its revitalizing and strengthening properties is a perfect fit for those facing hair loss, hair fall and pre-mature greying. The oil fortifies the follicles of the hair and promotes in rebuilding process leading to long, lustrous and strong locks.
7. CAN THE KWANSHA COIN BE USED EVERYDAY?
Yes, Kwansha can be used every day. Massaging regularly with our facial tool will help in lifting, toning, shaping the facial contours while bringing suppleness to the skin.
8. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KWANSHA AND GUA SHA?
- Kwansha is a gua sha tool but special, as it is the first of its kind made in pure "Kansa" healing metal. Gua is a Chinese TCM technique that means to scrape the skin with an object to draw out toxins and promote healing.
9. WHICH PRODUCTS HELP WITH GLOW AND HYDRATION?
10. DO PUREARTH OILS WORK FOR ACENIC & OILY SKIN?
Yes! There is a common unfounded fear that oils clog pores, cause breakouts, and are acne-causing. Our sebum naturally secretes oil to maintain lipid balance, allowing the largest organ to function optimally. Stripping the skin's layers dry with mineral oils and chemicals to clear acne or pimples causes product build-up and causes the skin to produce even more oil.
Purearth oils and formulations are made with pure steam distilled, cold pressed and CO2 extracted oils and pure plant botanicals that help keep oily, acneic skin functioning in balance if used properly. Browse our skin concerns page for more information.
11. DOES PUREARTH WORK FOR DRY, SENSITIVE AND STRESSED SKIN?
Yes! The high level of EFAs (essential fatty acids) and potent esters and antioxidants nourish and repair skin at a deeper cellular level ; calming, healing and soothing dry, sensitive and stressed skin.
12. IS TURMERIC FACE SAND SAFE FOR DRY AND SENSITIVE SKIN?
Our Turmeric Face Sand is soft, safe, gentle, and non-abrasive. You can exfoliate with it every day as it won't strip your skin dry or aggravate sensitive skin. The fullers earth, neem, saffron, turmeric, and moringa among other organic and biodynamic plant bio-actives are very effective in drawing out impurities, clearing away dead skin cells without drying delicate facial skin.
13. DOES PUREARTH WORK FOR PROBLEMATIC SKIN AND SKIN DISORDERS, EG. ROSACEA, ECZEMA ETC?
Yes! All ingredients in our formulations are carefully selected to combat targeted skin problems and disorders. Our Wild Rose & Seabuck Face Cream, Wild Rose Himalayan Mist and Wild Rosehip Seed Face Oil effectively relieve rosacea, sun damage, eczema.
Certain other ingredients like turmeric, neem, frankincense; Oils like coconut and apricot work as antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory agents to heal pitta skin disorders.
14. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE TO REFLECT RESULTS?
We recommend consistent use of our creations to see effective results.
15. ARE YOUR PRODUCTS UNISEX?
Yes, our entire range is unisex. We believe skin care regimen should be based on your skin type/concerns and not sex.
16. IS YOUR COLLECTION SAFE FOR PREGNANCY AND CHILDREN?
Yes, our entire collection is safe for pre-conception, pregnancy, breastfeeding, and beyond. We offer safe treats for your skincare regimen as you go through hormone fluctuations and skin concerns. However, please note that hormone changes and other internal factors could affect your skin and we recommend you check with your physician for that as that will require more than topical treatment.
17. DO I NEED TO REFRIGERATE MY PRODUCTS?
Refrigeration is not required for our products. We encourage you to store them in a cool, dark, dry place and ensure they are closed tight. In the summer, you may wish to refrigerate to enjoy cold spraying of the mists.
18. WHAT IS THE SHELF LIFE OF YOUR PRODUCTS?
The shelf life of our products is 18 months - 2 years till sealed. We advise using the product within 6 months of opening the jar. We micro-batch to ensure efficacy and use Violet glass jars and bottles that block the complete spectrum of light, letting only the violet rays that protect and preserve the bio-active energy of the ingredients.
19. HOW CAN I GET SAMPLES?
We add two free deluxe samples with all orders over INR 7,000. Discover More
20. DO YOU SELL TRAVEL SIZES?
We do offer some travel sized treats. Please have a look at our collection page that lists all sizes we offer. We do 10ml, 15 ml and 50ml in some of our creations.
21. DO YOU OFFER DISCOUNTS?
We do offer discounts! Subscribe to our newsletter and follow us on @purearth & @purearthhk for more updates.
22. CAN I USE PUREARTH PRODUCTS WITH OTHER BRANDS?
You certainly can use them with other brands, but we advise you to pair them up with the ingredients or products that won’t cause any possible unfavourable interactions.
23. CAN I TRY YOUR PRODUCTS BEFORE PURCHASE?
Yes of course! We completely understand that you would want to test the products before purchasing. We would love for you to visit our studio in Gurgaon and Hong Kong. If that is too far, then you can check our stockist's page for locations that welcome you in person.
24. CAN I SEND EMPTY JARS BACK TO YOU?
As an initiative to move towards a zero-waste business, we launched the Recycling Program. We collect Purearth glass jars and bottle empties from your doorstep, free of cost, and repurpose them in non-commercial ways. For every jar or bottle that is returned, we in turn plant a tree, making a conscious effort towards a greener Earth and greener business practices.
1. ARE PUREARTH PRODUCTS GLUTEN AND PALM OIL FREE?
Yes, all our formulations are gluten-free and palm-oil-free as all our products have been formulated with respect for the environment.
2. ARE YOUR PRODUCTS CRUELTY-FREE?
All our products are approved under the Cruelty Free International Leaping Bunny programme, the internationally recognizable gold standard for cruelty free products. Leaping Bunny requires cruelty free standards over and above legal requirements. Our tools - Kunchi Face Brush, Kwansha Facial Coin, Kapas Exfoliating Cloth & Fali Neem Bowl are accoutrements to oils, masques, serums, etc. and are consciously made of vegan and cruelty free materials.
3. ARE YOUR PRODUCTS VEGAN?
Our entire collection is vegan, except for the Mitti Raw Honey Clay Face Masque since it contains honey that is ethically sourced from beekeepers and fair trade NGO partners in Uttarakhand, Himalayas who are trained to ethically source it.
The Honey sourced is NMR (Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy) tested which detects adulteration and authenticity of the geographical origin, providing 100% pure and certified honey.
At Purearth, we believe in conscious consumption and our range addresses a growing consciousness towards clean and organic skincare.
4. ARE ALL THE INGREDIENTS NATURAL AND CLEAN?
Yes, all our ingredients are natural, green, clean, organic and wild- harvested. Ocean safe, planet and people safe, our ingredients are not just biodegradable, but also 100% compostable.
5. ARE YOUR INGREDIENTS SUSTAINABLE?
All our ingredients are sustainable and ethically sourced. They are wild-harvested ecologically or cultivated organically and come from farmers and grass-root producers who follow Vedic, biodynamic, or chemical pesticide-free farming. We have taken steps towards greater transparency by partnering with Provenance, a London-based digital platform that empowers brands to audit and verify their claims to transparency, accountability, and sustainability through a stringent verification process using blockchain technology.
6. DO YOUR PRODUCTS CONTAIN DAIRY, GLUTEN OR SOY?
Our entire range is gluten and dairy free. We mention all ingredients for each product on its individual product page. The soy we use is non-GMO.
7. HOW IS THE SHEEN ACHIEVED IN THE SITARA? IS THIS A CRUELTY FREE AND ETHICAL PRODUCT?
The Sitara serum is vegan, cruelty-free, and preservative-free. It is formulated with certified organic oil and natural minerals, which results in the sheen. We ethically source mica with no child labor involved. Colourants, additives, and other questionable ingredients are absent from this creation like all our products.
8. DO YOU ADD PRESERVATIVES TO YOUR PRODUCTS?
We are preservative-free! All our water-based formulations are made with natural food-grade ingredients like sodium benzoate, sodium anisate, potassium sorbate, and sodium levulinate for shelf life. We consciously source plant-derived, non-palm, non-GMO, and safe ECOCERT certified ingredients which allows us to label our line as preservative-free.
9. ARE THERE ANY HARMFUL INGREDIENTS INVOLVED IN YOUR FORMULATIONS?
Gentle on the earth and its creatures, alcohol, preservatives, petrochemicals, parabens, phthalates, palm, formaldehyde, silicones, sulphates, carbomers, glycols, phenoxyethanol, PEG, MEA, DEA, TEA, and GMOs are conspicuously absent from our glossary of ingredients. Pre-mix bases, fillers, toxic chemicals, synthetic colours, fragrances, additives, and the myriad of questionable chemicals are never a part of our approach.
10. DO YOU USE ANY SYNTHETIC INGREDIENTS?
We believe that an all-natural approach is the best and safest for our skin. We take a firm stand to eschew synthetics and lab-made ingredients in favour of natural, plant-based ones. The efficacy of many medicinal plants and herbs is being validated by modern science and research today. We only use time-tested and time-honoured Ayurvedic botanicals that perform safely and gently rather than giving quick-fix results and long-term damage. Our creations are rooted in this indigenous knowledge of natural ingredients and adhere to the Ayurvedic principles.
11. ARE YOUR ESSENTIAL OILS SAFE?
According to Ayurveda and aromatherapy, essential oils can be a powerful tool to stimulate your senses and balance your doshas. Just like any powerful medicine, the right proportion and dosage are key. Our essential oils are always therapeutic grade and steam or hydro distilled, never toxic solvent extracted. The percentage use of essential oils we follow is within dermatological limits and guidelines. If you have sensitive skin, which is allergic to essential oils, you may avoid our creations that use essential oils.
12. DOES PUREARTH ABIDE BY COSMETIC REGULATIONS?
All Purearth products are EU CPNP registered. EU CPNP is the key European legislation for governing finished cosmetic products in the EU, having the most stringent standards. We are free for sales across USA and EU. We are also compliant to ship and import to the USA.
13. ARE YOUR INGREDIENTS ETHICALLY SOURCED?
- Purearth partners with NGOs and community-based organizations that have established clusters of women self-help and micro credit and saving groups in the Himalayas. These women, in size of about 10 or 20, are paid fair trade prices for their work. The NGO sets up a joint bank account for each group, using the proceeds from PUREARTH for financing or to purchase additional raw materials, giving them greater control over their own economic independence and empowerment. Browse through our PPF page for more information.
ORDERS & SHIPMENT
1. DO YOU SHIP INTERNATIONALLY? DO YOU CHARGE FOR SHIPPING?
Yes, we ship globally. We offer free shipping across India and charge 5 USD for Hong Kong deliveries. For more information on shipping charges, please refer to our Shipping & Returns page
2. How long does it take to receive my order? What if there is a delay?
We share all shipping and tracking details in the confirmation email of your order. We regret we cannot be held responsible for delays due to any unforeseen delays cause by issues that are out of our control. Please kindly ensure that you track your package to check status and time of delivery. Tracking option may not be available in some countries For more details on shipment and orders, please refer to our Shipping & Returns page.
3. I made a mistake in my order, I would like to change or cancel it. How do I go about it?
Please email us at the earliest to email@example.com with your order number and other details and we will do everything we can to make it right.
4. What is the return / exchange policy?
Please email us your order details at firstname.lastname@example.org and mention your reason for return or exchange along with images of the product attached. To learn more about our return and exchange policy and procedure, please refer to our shipping and returns page.
5. What is the Puretribes Rewards Program?
Puretribes Rewards Program is a loyalty program made exclusively for our Purearth community where you can earn seeds and claim them during your purchases. To learn more about the Puretribes Rewards Program, please click here.
6. HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE DELIVER YOUR PRODUCTS?
It takes 2-3 working days for domestic deliveries, but currently due to Covid a delay can also take place.
7. IS IT SAFE TO PURCHASE YOUR PRODUCTS FROM 3RD PARTY RETAILERS LIKE AMAZON, EBAY ETC?
We would highly recommend that you avoid purchasing from 3rd party retailers except for the list mentioned on our stockists page.
8. THE PRODUCT IS OUT OF STOCK, WILL IT BE AVAILABLE AGAIN?
Definitely! We recommend you sign up to our newsletter for updates on stock and new products. You can also check our website! ☺
1. WHAT IS PUREARTH?
An award-winning, clean, ethical skincare and wellness brand that offers ancient Ayurvedic wisdom for a modern lifestyle. It is born from a desire to reconnect with the Earth where most of the ingredients are gathered at soaring altitudes of the Himalayas by micro-credit and women self-help groups.
Awards PUREARTH has won
- Harper’s BAZAAR 2014 Beauty Top 100 for BEST FACE OIL – Wild Rosehip Seed Oil & BEST LOTION – Mandarin Body butter.
- GQ 2014 Men’s Grooming Award for: BODY GROOMING – Himalayan Salt Body Polish.
- Harper’s BAZAAR 2015 Beauty Top 100 for: BEST FACE OIL – Illumine Face Elixir Oil & BEST BODY SCRUB - Himalayan Salt Body Polish
- Elle Beauty Awards 2016 - Mandarin Body Butter
- The Vogue Beauty Award 2019 – BEST OF SKINCARE – Mitti Clay Face Masque
- The Vogue Beauty Award 2020 – BEST OF HOMEGROWN
- Pure Beauty Awards London 2019 (Silver) – BEST NEW INCLUSIVE MAKEUP PRODUCT -Sitara Strobe lighter serum
- Elle Beauty Award 2019 – BEST BODY SCRUB (Editor’s Pick) – Purearth Himalayan Salt Body Polish
- The Vogue Beauty Festival 2021 – MINDFUL BEAUTY – GREEN BEAUTY - Purearth
2. WHAT IS PUREARTH’S AYURVEDIC APPROACH?
- At Purearth we have tremendous respect for the Indian science and philosophy of Ayurveda and indigenous knowledge that has been handed down through ancient classical texts and communities. We subscribe to Ayurveda’s codified system of plant and mineral based healing, harnessing the potency of sustainably wild harvested, organic and natural botanicals.
- The founder pours her passion and principles into creating high performance, result driven skincare, engaging with Ayurvedic practitioners, naturopaths and aromatherapists to create time-honored remedies for contemporary living.
- Our approach to beauty and wellness does not rely on quick fixes or chemical solutions - we believe that for the external to be beautiful, the internal must be in balance.
- An Ayurvedic approach to skincare is the balance of three elemental energies or Doshas - Vata (air and space), Pitta (fire and water), and Kapha (earth & water). Each of us possesses a unique combination of doshas that defines our temperament and characteristics.
- Purearth harnesses the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda and Ayurvedic principles with indigenous knowledge to formulate its skincare and wellness collection. Our concoctions and tisanes / herbal infusions pacify the doshas and bring balance to the system, stimulating energy points, eliminating toxins and nourishing skin from within.
3. WHAT IS UNIQUE ABOUT PUREARTH?
- Our source of ingredients is the most unique brand attribute of Purearth. Each ingredient is sourced from the pristine purity of an eco-habitat within the Himalayan mountains at altitudes of over 7000ft. Each product and packaging is crafted by hand, nurtured with love and care in small batches, and is 100% factory and cruelty free.
- Purearth promises purity and offers the safest ethical skincare and wellbeing collection found on the planet.
- Purearth is focused on people and the planet, and not only on profit. We pay fair trade prices and aim to foster a culture of conscious consumption, creating a connection between the consumer with the producer.
- Natural rhythm and ritual inform how we create our line. We travel far to forage, returning to concoct, blend and bottle by hand in limited batches at our zero-waste studio. Evoking harmony between mind, body and soul, our plant and mineral based formulations are rooted in ancient Ayurvedic wisdom and a revelation in green beauty and wellness.